With growing consumer awareness, successful marketers need to be ever more creative and groundbreaking to stay ahead of the game and grab consumer attention in the market. It's essential for business owners to understand the factors affecting their marketing strategies, so we've collected these game changing statistics for you ... the modern marketer!
1. UK ad blocking grew by 82% to reach 12 million active users in 12 months up to June 2015 (
With customers turning off ads, it's important for marketers to utilise other tools to gain customer attention.
2. 71% of customers don't think businesses take any action to keep their business - http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2013/12/3-new-rules-of-customer-engagemnet-infographic.html
With customers having such a negative perception of brands, it's a great opportunity for creating marketing that connects with users and makes them feel valued.
3. 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others - http://www.visualistan.com/2014/07/why-video-is-best-form-of-engagement.html
Mobile video is becoming one of the best ways to get users to share your content.
4. 73% say customer centricity is critical for the business and for their own role - http://www.mycustomer.com/experience/engagement/infographic-how-can-you-become-a-customer-experience-master
Customers are looking for marketing that makes them feel special and unique - make sure it's central to your marketing.
5. 97% of customers said an online experience influenced whether or not they purchased a product or service from a brand - http://www.mycustomer.com/experience/engagement/infographic-how-can-you-become-a-customer-experience-master
Online experience is vital to closing the sale and marketing that focuses on great online experience and engagement is increasingly successful.
6. 89% of executives believe their customer experience will be their primary mode of competition by the end of 2016 - http://www.visualistan.com/2016/03/top-e-commerce-trends-to-watch-in-2016.html
Executives are realising that customer experience is such an important part of their marketing strategy and, as a marketer, this should be a focus of your offering.
7. 53% of Instagram users are aged 18-29 - http://www.globalmediainsight.com/blog/social-media-users-infographic/
If you are looking for a younger market, Instagram is still the best place to have a great brand presence and boost engagement.
8. 100 million internet users watch online videos every day - http://www.visualistan.com/2014/07/why-video-is-best-form-of-engagement.html
The growth of online video is set to continue and incorporating online video into your marketing strategy is essential.
9. 85% of online shoppers start a purchase on one device and finish on another - http://www.visualistan.com/2016/03/top-e-commerce-trends-to-watch-in-2016.html
Consumers are increasingly using a number of devices to complete purchases and it's essential for businesses to use a multi-device approach to their marketing.
10. By 2020 the digital universe will have reached 40,000 exabytes - http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2014/03/how-technology-is-shaping-the-future-of-digital-marketing-infographic.html
We all know we live in a digital world, with digital marketing the focus of most successful businesses.
11. Millennials trust user-generated content 50% more than traditional media - http://www.angelinvestmentnetwork.net/2014/07/infographic-social-media-for-business/
When marketing to millennials, user-generated content can be a great way to engage and promote businesses.
12. 45% of companies offer a mobile application with another 31% planning to offer a mobile app in the next 12 months - http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2014/03/how-technology-is-shaping-the-future-of-digital-marketing-infographic.html
The growth of apps is another game changer in the marketing world, with businesses considering applications as a marketing tool more than ever before.